The Nikon D5500 is a very capable DSLR. But that is only if you also have the right lenses and accessories. To use a DSLR at its full potential, you need quite a few pieces of hardware. These extras range all the way from different types of lenses to filters, hoods, tripod, and camera bags.
Another necessary item is a high-performance memory card. Each hour of video requires several gigabytes of space. Each photo needs about 5 megabytes. To store all of it, you need at least 32 GB memory card. Instead of buying separately, it makes sense to buy it all as a pre-packaged bundle. We have done a review of the most exceptional Nikon D5500 bundles available in 2020.
The Best Nikon D5500 Bundle to Buy in 2020
|Image||Product Name||Items||Check Price|
|Nikon D5500 DX-format Digital SLR Dual Lens Kit|
|Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Lens and Bundle|
|High-Power 500mm/1000mm f/8 Manual Telephoto Lens Kit|
1. Nikon D5500 DX-format Digital SLR Dual Lens Kit w/ - Nikon AF-P DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR & Nikon AF-P DX NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED Lens
The 24.2 MP sensor is housed in a lightweight body that weighs just under a pound. There is a 3.2-inch tilting touchscreen that allows you to navigate through the menu. The Nikon AF-P DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR lens features the latest stepper motor, which is more advanced than the older Silent Wave.
The lens is lightweight and compact. The mounting thread is plastic, and so is the lens body but feels solid and well built. It has image stabilization, and that would help you in taking long-distance photos. Two aspherical elements add to its superior optical design.
It is paired with a Nikon AF-P DX NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED lens. A medium telephoto lens is a must-have even for beginners. This lens would go a long way to introduce you to nature photography. The superb zoom would bring the farthest objects really close. The autofocus is fast, and the images are crystal clear with minimal chromatic aberration.
- Good bundle with camera and lens covering 18-300 mm focal length.
- Reliable lens systems that produce sharp images in low light.
- Lightweight and high-quality manufacture.
- The 18-55 mm has some distortion at 18-25 mm focal length since it is not a Macro lens.
- The 70-300 mm has only a 5° angle of view at full focal length and is restrictive.
2. Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Lens and Bundle w/Xpix Camera Tripod, Cleaning Kit + UV Filter + More
The centerpiece of the bundle is a Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR lens. The lens is compatible with FX, as well as the APS-C sensor size. This is one lens that can be used by anyone – enthusiast to professional equally. Although it is not a Gold Ring Nikon, it sports the latest VR II that makes the camera more usable and adds up to four stops. With 2 extra-low dispersion lenses and 3 aspherical elements, it is indeed sophisticated.
You get plenty more in the bundle to keep you happy. A UV filter is included, and that helps to protect the screen at all times. A small tabletop tripod is included. It is remarkably stable and allowed the camera to pan around without any jerk. The SD card reader is a huge boon since instead of transferring images using a data cable, you could swap the card out to a laptop. You also get a wallet to store SD cards.
The other goodies include a full cleaning kit with a bulb blower that helps to clean the internal mechanism, lens cleaning tissue, cotton swabs, and even a lint-free cleaning cloth. To round it up, there is XPIX lens and screen cleaner spray that makes the glass smudge-free and keeps it that way.
- An excellent all-around kit that is value for money.
- Reliable and high-quality lens that is versatile for many types of photography.
- The SD card reader is a handy gadget that most overlook to add to their kit.
- The kit has no neutral density filter.
- The tripod should have been larger with at least 36″ legs.
3. High-Power 500mm/1000mm f/8 Manual Telephoto Lens + Tripod + SLR Backpack for Nikon D500, D600, D700, D750, D800, D810, D850, D3300, D3400, D5300, D5500, D5600, D7000, D7100, D7200, D7500 Digital SLR
The dream of every photographer is to own a long super-telephoto lens. Unfortunately, they are prohibitively priced at over $1000. But you have a chance to own one – a 500 mm telephoto that fits on almost every Nikon – at very low cost on this bundle. Made with the best technology, this sturdy lens is capable of taking pictures from a mile away, literally. In our tests, we found that though it was priced affordably, the lens did not skip on features.
The manual focus ring feels solid and turns without any jerk. The f/8 aperture means you can take photos even when it is cloudy. Of course, no one uses a telephoto lens indoors, so do you really need one that is f/4? Probably never.
To increase the focal length to 1000 mm, you get a 2X Vivitar teleconverter. Amazingly designed, you do not lose any depth of field due to its use and could probably take it along on a safari and use it to good effect.
All of this is packed into a deluxe camera backpack made of nylon mesh and synthetic cloth. There are umpteen number of pockets and pouches where you can tuck in your DSLR, the lens, teleconverter, filter kit, and still have lots of space left over.
In addition, you get a full size 5 feet tall tripod. No more do you have to hold an arm long telephoto lens but mount it and camera on a tripod and wait in the shade. The tripod is stable and comfortable to work in every terrain.
- Really affordable telephoto lens.
- A well-made bag that is ideal and easy to use all day.
- Reliable teleconverter for 2X magnification.
- It does not have autofocus.
- No warranty is included.
Nikon D5500 Bundle Buying Guide
- Lens vacuum cleaner – A crucial tool to clean the camera sensor. It is better than a blower, which may accidentally blow more dust on the sensor.
- Zoom Kit – What is photography without close-ups of grand scenery. The only way you can capture it is through a good zoom lens from Nikkor that matches your D5500. A 70-300mm telephoto zoom is perfect and part of every good bundle.
- SD Reader – A card reader allows you to access the contents of a memory card quickly, no matter what type of device you are using for editing.
1. How to use ISO?
ISO is a measurement of the quality of light. With the help of ISO, photographers set the camera aperture and exposure. When you are taking photos in daylight, never use above ISO 100. Low light uses about ISO 1500.
2. Why do I need many lenses?
The different types of lenses are for different kinds of photographs. Cameras do not see as our eyes do. You need special macro lenses for objects that are close and zoom for things that are far away. There is also a wide-angle that lets you capture a full field of vision.
3. What is the digital zoom?
Digital zoom is using sophisticated software to zoom in on a few pixels at a particular spot rather than using the lens. It is possible to have up to 16X digital zoom if you take 24 MP photos. Since it is a software-based digital zoom is far less expensive. Of course, the effect is not as good as optical zooming using lenses.
4. What is a flash used for?
The camera does the best photography in bright sunlight. For indoors, you would need to illuminate the object. This is done using a bright lamp known as flash. It fixes on the camera body and goes off milliseconds before the sensor is exposed.
5. Why is UV Filter a must-have?
A UV filter not only reduces ultraviolet radiation but acts as a cheap protecting layer for your lens worth hundreds of dollars. It is a worthwhile investment that protects your expensive lens from dust, dirt, and scratches.
The finest value for money is offered by the Nikon D5500 DX-format Digital SLR Dual Lens Kit w/ – Nikon AF-P DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR & Nikon AF-P DX NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED Lens.
Two lenses are included, and they are really excellent for photography of every genre, whether outdoors or indoors. The next best choice is the Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Lens and Bundle w/Xpix Camera Tripod, Cleaning Kit + UV Filter.
The 28-300 mm lens is one of the best that Nikkor has produced and works well with the provided UV filter kit.